Monday, 25 July 2011

engine in


got the engine in, downpipes wrapped

Painted the exhaust with some BBQ spray paint from B&Q this stuff is great. I had to let it air dry for 1 hour then had to heat it for another hour. I just got the blow torch on it and it never flinched, cured the paint and its rock hard like a ceramic coating.

Thursday, 7 July 2011


whent to put my cyl head on last night and the damn thing won't go on. For some reason the engine is slightly back in the cradle of the frame and the head hits the tubes before the studs can go through the head!

Looks like I'm gonna have to get the engine out of the frame to build up the motor and remount the engine complete.

never mind could be worse I suppose

managed to get the engine in 23/7/11, exhausts on, carbs on.

wrapping downpipes next, then the dreaded rewiring!

Saturday, 2 July 2011

Nylon swingarm guide

Got myself a piece of 6mm black nylon today and made a swingarm saver. This is because of the way the bike has been raised which brings the top chain run close to the swingarm.

I cut out a cardboard template and used the exsisting 6mm bolt hole normally for the chain guard, fabricated the guide. As a "piece de resistance" I also got the heat gun out and moulded the front end around the swingarm.

Managed to lap in the valves and get them fitted.

Next I need to de-grease the head and prep for painting!