Thursday, 25 August 2011

micro switches

I have mounted some microswitches as part of the lever bodies. These activate relays in the bike's rear!

I had a problem of isolating them from the elements, so I went on a tour of Maplins (radio shack) and found some micro toggle switch covers. I pulled the rubber part off the metal body and fitted that to the switch

the next problem was how to keep it there. I used silicone at first, but it didn't take. I even used super glue...nah!:(

I hit upon the idea of using shrink tubing.

a quick blast on the hot air gun and looks the dogs

not much to do now except finish the connectins and test the circuits

No comments:

Post a Comment