Saturday 26 February 2011

more electrics

Starting to think electrics now as, after the frame's powder coated, I can't weld in more tabs or grind any metal.

Because i have micro MOM (momentary)buttons on the handle bars, I need to have two relays; 1 for the horn and another for the headlamp system. Space is getting really tight under the seat and the only room left is near the rear lamps.

I am going to mount the relays on rubber to isolate from the twin's vibes, to help with reliability and found a flasher relay mount on ebay.

The headlamp relay is a latching one where, if the lamp are off I can use the MOM switch just for flashing. When the lamps are switched on, the MOM button acts to latch the main beam to high. Its VW relay and quite large.

Here's a  picture of the installation, the one facing backwards is the headlamp relay


I also had to find a way of installing the aftermarket TCi I was given. the mounting box i was given was too tall for the only place left to place it (in front of the battery) I took out the board and measured up and found a box on ebay that just needs reducing in height but will fit the PCB. The box came yesterday and spent a few hours with the dremmel.
It came out really well!


No comments:

Post a Comment